Friday, September 12, 2008

TEXTED LOVE (September 7th)

So today, after watching Maryanne receive text messages on her personal international cell phone from her family at home, I finally realized something: I’ve been surviving EXTREMELY well without any texting capability! It’s miraculous. You see, for those of you who don’t already know, I’m addicted to texting. In fact, I just recently forced my family to get a much more expensive text messaging plan because I kept going over my personal limit. Although I felt bad, I really don’t think I can help it. You see, I personally feel as though this addiction was born out of the fact that I absolutely hate talking on the phone. In fact, I dread it. Maybe it’s some kind of phone-phobia (that’s how I usually describe it), but anyone who has ever roomed/lived with me before can tell you that it will take me at least a good ten minutes of pacing around a room with my open cell phone, number dialed, before I can convince myself to press “send.” It’s ridiculous, but I always feel extremely anxious when I need to talk to someone on the phone. Just thinking about it as I write this entry is conjuring up some of those awful feelings and questions and concerns. ::shivers slightly::

Anyway, after having this revelation earlier this afternoon, I realized I’m not entirely dependent on that specific system of communication. It’s such a relief! Now NO ONE can claim I’m addicted because, obviously, I’m entirely capable of stopping cold turkey.

However… I did power up my cell phone from home and scanned through my old text messages. Of course, the most interesting ones were from the day before I left. I realized I’d received a lot of advice, demands, and well wishes from those who cared… and, just because I think it’s kinda interesting and I don’t wanna forget what others asked of me to do, I typed out those messages here.

Enjoy! (I hope you all remember what you wrote to me, but just in case you don’t, I used initials to label ‘em all... and if I'm missing your middle initial or put in a fake one, it's because I don't know the real one! Inform me ASAP, please.)



ADVICE I RECEIVED BEFORE LEAVING:
“Be safe.” – JMC
“Watch out for pickpockets in Paris.” – EMP



WELL WISHES I RECEIVED:
“Have a safe flight. (Let us know how it goes.)” – KJC
“Happy flight!” – TCK
“Good luck!” – EMP
“I hope you have a safe plane trip over there and arrive in France all safe and sound! You’re going to have an amazing time! You will be missed greatly back here! <3” – KW
“Trust me, you’re going to have a great time. It is just the getting there part that sucks!” – TCK
“I’m sure you will have a blast!” – EMP
“Have a safe trip darling.” - JMG



DEMANDS I RECEIVED:
“(Have a safe flight.) Let us know how it goes.” – KJC
“I want an address to send you snail mail.” – BPJA
“I will think of you every day. We better write often. Love you.” – EJ
“We definitely have to skype often!!” – KW
“Take care of yourself, and I’ll be thinking ‘bout-cha” – Cpt. A
“Please take tons of pics, and be safe.” - EMP
“You better post lots of pictures. I plan on living vicariously through you. LOL” – KW
“Have the time of your life.” Cpt. A
“Text me when you get your international phone. Have a safe trip. Tell everyone the same!” – DM
“Remember to smile. You’re on an adventure!” – MS
“Keep well and have a great time!” – JMG
“Send me an email once you get your Internet up and running.” – TCK

Avec l'Amour,
G

No comments: